Colorado PERA’s voluntary decreasing term life insurance program administered by Unum offers additional benefits for PERA members that includes:
- Guaranteed enrollment—no health questions or exams required during the annual open enrollment period
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit
- Coverage you can carry into retirement
- Automatic enrollment for eligible dependents at no additional cost
If you are an active member currently working for a PERA employer, you have two opportunities to enroll in guaranteed coverage:
- Within 90 days of first becoming a PERA member.
- During the annual open enrollment period from April 1 through May 31.
Active members may also enroll at any time during the year with proof of good health, called Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
Please visit the Life Insurance page on copera.org for more information on benefit amounts, beneficiaries, and how to enroll.