PERACare, the health benefits program for Colorado PERA retirees and benefit recipients, is also available for PERA employers to cover their active employees who are PERA members. The program provides access to health care, dental, and vision plans.
PERA makes participating in PERACare easy by providing:
- Choice of health care plan types including HMO and High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs), which work with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Kaiser Permanente is available in Colorado in designated geographic areas and as determined by ZIP code
- Three dental plans―an HMO plan available in many metro areas and two PPO plans available statewide
- Three vision PPO plans available statewide
You, as the employer, would simply need to join PERACare for all of these choices to be available to your employees. PERA will assist you with the plan administration by providing the following services:
- Open enrollment meetings
- Enrollment processing
- Monthly billing and reports
- Claims troubleshooting
- COBRA administration
- Annual vendor negotiations and contracting
- Monitoring of vendor performance standards
- Innovative approach to plan designs
- Dedicated customer service at PERA
To review premiums, click on one of the publications below for the pertaining plan year.
To join PERACare, send a “Letter of Intent” to PERA at least 30 days prior to the effective date of coverage. The letter should include a statement about your desire to join PERACare along with your requested effective date of coverage.
Once PERA has received your letter of intent, an insurance administrator will contact you to begin the process of implementing PERACare for your organization.
Send your letter of intent to:
Director of Insurance
1301 Pennsylvania Street
Denver, Colorado 80203
Contact Jessica Linart at 303-863-3736 or email@example.com.