April 4, 2022
Attention active employees of local government employers: there is a vacant Local Government Division Trustee seat on the Colorado PERA Board of Trustees. By law, the PERA Board is responsible for appointing a replacement and the position must be filled by an active member who is currently employed by a local government employer.
If you are interested in serving on the PERA Board, please submit the following information:
- Letter of interest
- Biography (150 words or less highlighting your education, employment history, and organizational affiliations/other achievements)
- Responses to the following questions (100 words or less for each question)
- Please briefly describe why you are interested in serving on the PERA Board of Trustees.
- PERA’s mission is to provide retirement security for our members while ensuring the sustainability of the fund. PERA’s vision is to innovate and build on a tradition of service by being a trusted partner in order to meet the changing needs of our diverse membership. Please share your thoughts on these ideals.
- Please describe what you consider as the biggest challenges and opportunities facing PERA in the next 4-5 years related to the funded status.
- Please describe what you consider as the biggest challenges and opportunities facing PERA in the next 4-5 years related to serving the membership.
- Please describe what you consider as other areas of challenge/opportunity facing PERA.
Letters of interest with resumes, biographies, and responses will be accepted until 4:30pm (MDT) on April 25, 2022. Information may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. A sub-committee of Trustees will review submitted information, select candidates to interview, and ultimately recommend one or more candidates to the full Board for consideration and appointment. The term for this appointed position will be until June 30, 2023. There will be a Board of Trustees election in 2023 for this seat and the winner of that election will fill the Local Government vacancy until June 30, 2026. The Board-appointed Trustee will be eligible to run in that election as long as he or she remains an active member in the Local Government Division.