Creating a User Profile
You can get the most from our website by having a PERA Personal Identification Number (PIN), which allows you to create a user profile and access your PERA information when it's convenient for you.
The first time you log on using your Social Security number (SSN) and PERA PIN, you will be prompted to create a new user security profile that includes your User ID and password by completing the following:
- Select a User ID and password to access account information on the secured pages of PERA’s website.
- Provide an email address so PERA can communicate any updates to your user security profile.
- Provide answers to three security questions that will be used to authenticate you if you forget your User ID and/or password.
- Select an image and security phrase that will appear each time you log on to the secure site.
Once you create a user security profile, including User ID and password, you will no longer be able to use your SSN and PERA PIN to log on to the secured pages of PERA’s website You will still need your PERA PIN to conduct transactions by phone for your PERAPlus 401(k), 457, or PERA Defined Contribution accounts with Voya Financial.
With a user security profile, you can
- Sign up for electronic delivery of PERA materials. Correspond with PERA through Secure Correspondence.
- Use PERA calculators with your personal account information.
- Complete online forms.
- Schedule an appointment with a PERA counselor.
- Sign up for PERA meetings that require a reservation.
- Update your contact information.
If You Forget Your User ID
You will need to answer your three security questions. If you answer the questions correctly, your User ID will be populated on the log-on screen.
If You Forget Your Password
You will need to answer a personal demographic question in addition to your three security questions—all of these questions will be generated online. Once you are verified, you will be allowed to change your password immediately and PERA will send a confirmation email to the email address on file.
Request a New PERA PIN
If you do not have a PERA PIN, you will need to request one in order to set up your User ID and password.
- PERA PINs are only issued to individuals who have been verified by PERA.
- You will be mailed a PERA PIN within seven days to the address on file at PERA.
Deactivate a PERA PIN
- You may deactivate your PERA PIN at any time by calling PERA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-759-7372. Deactivating will prevent all users (including you) from accessing your PERA account information via the Internet.
- Do not deactivate your PERA PIN if you have a PERAPlus 401(k)/457 and/or DC Plan account since you will need your PERA PIN to access account information over the phone with Voya Financial
- PERA PINs are automatically deactivated after five consecutive unsuccessful log-on attempts.
Reactivate or Request a Current PERA PIN
- You may reactivate your PERA PIN or request your current PERA PIN be mailed by calling PERA's Customer Service Center at 1-800-759-7372.
Once a PERA PIN is reissued, you will need to create a new user security profile including your User ID and password.