August 25, 2017

You must notify PERA in writing when the retiree is no longer employed as a critical shortage retiree. For example, if the retiree has terminated employment or has moved into another, non-critical shortage position, you should notify PERA using the Critical Shortage Termination Certification. Notifying PERA in a timely manner will enable us to more accurately track retirees who are subject to the working after retirement limits and correctly apply the PERACare subsidy. The Critical Shortage Termination Certification can be completed online using STARS:

Critical Shortage Termination Certification

Will this retiree be working as a critical shortage retiree