Colorado PERA’s Customer Service Center expects a very busy fall with the next phase of the PERAtour and PERACare open enrollment. The following are some tips on how to get your questions answered as efficiently as possible:
- Have your Social Security number ready. It’s the quickest and most efficient way for us to access your information.
- Listen to all of the phone prompts before choosing one. Nobody likes long phone menus, but listening to the options can help you get to the right place and save you time in the long run.
- Avoid our highest call volume days. We have heavy call volume on Mondays, the first day of the month, and the first day after a holiday. In October and November, you may experience longer wait times on any given day due to PERACare open enrollment for retirees.
- Review everything we send you. Many of the issues that we receive calls about are featured in newsletters and other mailings.
- Let us know when you move. A current address ensures you receive your vital PERA documents.
- Check out our website at www.copera.org. Information in the “Retirees” section will give you easy access to forms, publications, and videos that are most pertinent to you.
- Request a PIN if you don’t have one. Using a PERA Personal Identification Number (PIN), you can create a User ID and password that will allow you to log in to your account online. You can then access your personal information, submit forms online, set meeting reservations, and more.
Please don’t hesitate to call if you ever have an issue or a question. We look forward to speaking with you.