In May and June, Colorado PERA toured the state to talk about how the shifting economy and state demographics have impacted PERA’s investment fund and forecasted benefits.
Meeting attendees watched a brief video on the history of PERA’s funding and learned about the new system that helps PERA respond to changing funding conditions. The meetings also included a discussion on the principles and priorities that audience members value regarding PERA.
If you missed the meeting near you, join the conversation about the issues facing PERA by visiting www.peratour.org. Remember that the tour is the second step in our five-step plan to build a strong future for all of Colorado’s public employees.
PERAtour Fast Facts
- Total attendees: 900+ people attended one of 12 meetings held in 9 different cities
- Highest attendance at a single meeting:
- 110 people at the Denver Meeting
- Number of inches of snowfall in Fort Collins before and during our May 18 meetings: 14
- Total views on PERAtour.org: Almost 10,000
- Total feedback to PERAtour.org: 160+ submissions