The following are recent changes to Colorado PERA’s Board of Trustees:
- Timothy M. O’Brien was elected Board Chairman. O’Brien is elected by retirees and has served on the Board since 2011.
- Karl Fisch was elected Vice Chairman. Fisch is elected by school employees and has served on the Board since 2014.
- Julie Friedemann (not pictured) was appointed to a Retiree seat, beginning July 1, 2017. She was the only retiree candidate for the election to be held in May. Her term will expire on June 30, 2021. In July she will replace current Trustee Carole Wright, who did not seek re-election. Friedemann is a retired secondary school math teacher at Jefferson County Public Schools.
- Maryann Motza, former Board Chair, retired in late 2016. She previously held the State Division seat now held by Suzanne Kubec.
- Suzanne Kubec was appointed in January to fill the State Division seat vacated by Maryann Motza’s retirement. (She was the runner-up in the most recent State Division election.) In March, she was subsequently appointed to continue her position on the Board through June 30, 2021, as her seat was uncontested in the election to be held in May. Kubec is a Liability Claims Manager for the State Office of Risk Management at the Colorado Department of Personnel & Administration.