This salad marries summer’s sweet peaches and lots of vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, and fiber.
- 1 pound peaches, sliced into wedges and cut crosswise
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- and torn into medium pieces
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper (optional)
In a large bowl, combine peaches, mozzarella, and basil; drizzle with oil and vinegar; season. Toss gently until evenly coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to four hours.
Nutrition information per serving
Yield: 4 Servings
211 calories, 12 g total fat (6 g saturated fat);
13 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein;
2 g fiber; 351 mg sodium.
Reprinted with permission from the American Institute for Cancer Research.