Raita is a condiment packed with vitamins C and K and cancer-protective anthocyanins. Enjoy it with spicy kebabs, herbed flatbread, or as an easy dip.
- 2 large radishes, quartered, thinly sliced, about ½ cup
- 1 small Persian cucumber, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced, about ½ cup*
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
* If Persian cucumber is not available use 5-inch piece seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise, scooped out, and finely chopped.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside 10 minutes to let flavors develop. Raita will become a bit thinner.
Nutrition information per serving
Yield: 6 Servings
28 calories; 2 g protein; 1 g fat;
2 g carbohydrates; 0 g fiber;
117 mg sodium
Courtesy of the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) eNews, Issue 616