There are several recent changes to the Colorado PERA Board of Trustees. The following Trustees are no longer on the Board:
- Karl Fisch, Board Vice Chairman, retired and vacated his seat, effective June 1, 2017.
- Carole Wright did not seek re-election for her retiree seat. Her term ended June 30, 2017. She had served on the Board in a retiree seat since 2005.
Additionally, the following other changes were made, effective July 1:
- Guillermo Barriga was appointed to fill the remainder of the term for the School Division seat vacated by Fisch’s retirement. Barriga is a Project Manager for the Metro Migrant Education Program at Aurora Public Schools and has served on the Board since 2016. He will serve a one-year term.
- Julie Friedemann was appointed to Wright’s former retiree seat, which is elected by the retired members of the School, Local Government, and Judicial Divisions. Friedemann was the only candidate duly nominated and eligible to be elected to the position. She is a retired Mathematics Teacher from the Jefferson County School District.
- Tina Mueh was newly elected to a School Division seat in the Board election held in May 2017. Mueh is a Middle School Science Teacher serving as a Teacher on Special Assignment in the Boulder Valley School District. She will serve a four-year term and filled the seat formerly held by Barriga.
- Marcus Pennell was re-elected to a four-year School Division seat in the Board election held in May 2017. He was also elected Vice Chairman at the June 23, 2017, Board meeting. Pennell is a Physics Teacher at Ralston Valley High School in the Jefferson County School District. He has served on the Board from 2003–2007 and since 2009.