Eligible PERA benefit recipients will receive post-retirement annual increases (AI) to their monthly benefits. Eligibility for the AI and the amount of the AI depends on the following:
- Your benefit structure (PERA or DPS)
- The type of benefit you are receiving—full service retirement, reduced service retirement, disability retirement, or survivor benefit*
- Your membership start date
- Your effective date of retirement
- For reduced service retirement, if you were eligible to retire on January 1, 2011
All annual increases are paid in July. You may have to meet certain eligibility requirements before receiving your first annual increase.
* The AI for a cobeneficiary who becomes a benefit recipient following the death of the retiree is based on the original retiree’s benefit type, retirement date, and age.