Paperless statements starting July 2022
The global pandemic has changed so much throughout everyday life including how Colorado PERA serves our members and retirees. This time has been an opportunity for us to reflect on how processes and services can improve using technology.
As we adapt to a new normal, technology is making us more efficient and helping to reduce administrative costs. One of the biggest opportunities to reduce costs is in printing and mailing items that can easily be viewed online.
Therefore, beginning in July 2022, retirees and benefit recipients will no longer be mailed a statement when benefit amounts change.
PERA has routinely mailed statements to retirees and benefit recipients any time their net benefit amount changes, which is typically three times throughout the year:
- December—To reflect new benefit amounts due to deductions for PERACare and Medicare premiums
- January—To reflect new benefit amounts due to changes in the federal tax tables
- July—To reflect new benefit amounts due to payment of Annual Increases
This information is available on the Payment Information tab on your dashboard and can be viewed and printed at your convenience.
As a reminder, the account dashboard has many important, personalized details about your account as soon as you log in.
On the dashboard, you can:
- Review your account details that show your payment information, benefit history, and more.
- Take action with simplified sidebar navigation to update your information, change your tax withholding, or your benefit statement.
- Find what you need quickly with the reorganized and simplified Navigation bar at the top of the page.
- Check out the new Explore tab to view health care benefit information, access forms and calculators, and more.