If you have health care insurance through PERACare, you will receive relevant tax forms from PERA or your health care plan. Form 1095-B proves that you had qualifying health coverage through PERACare during 2021. This tax form will mail by March 2, 2022.
PERACare Pre-Medicare Plans
- Retirees in an Anthem plan will receive a Form 1095-B from PERA.
- Retirees in a Kaiser Permanente plan will receive a Form 1095-B from Kaiser.
PERACare Medicare Plans
- Retirees with Medicare A and B who are enrolled in a PERACare Medicare plan will receive a Form 1095-B from Medicare.
- Retirees enrolled in an Anthem Medicare Advantage (MA) plan who did not have Medicare Part A will receive a Form 1095-B from Anthem.
- Retirees enrolled in a Kaiser Medicare HMO plan who did not have Medicare Part A will receive a Form 1095-B from Kaiser.
Because tax information is specific to your individual situation, it’s best to consult your tax professional with any questions.