If you were enrolled in an Anthem plan between February 2008 and October 2020, you may have recently received an invitation to participate in a class action settlement against Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). This applies only to enrollment in the PERACare Anthem Pre-Medicare and Medicare Supplement plans. Medicare Advantage plans are not a part of the settlement class. Filing a claim is not required, but if you would like to do so, the Court has appointed JND Legal Administration to administer settlement claims. JND has established the following resources where Court-approved information about the settlement is available via:
- The settlement website: www.BCBSsettlement.com
- A toll-free inquiry number: 888.681.1142
- Email: info@BCBSsettlement.com
Please note that neither Anthem nor Colorado PERA are able to assist you with questions about filing a claim other than to provide the information below that may help you when completing your claim form. All questions should be directed to JND using the phone number or email listed above.
- The health plan name is Rocky Mountain Hospital and Medical Service doing business as Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (of Colorado).
- The group number is 195096.
- PERACare began offering Pre-Medicare (for enrollees under age 65) plans with Anthem on January 1, 2007, and these plans are still offered today.
- PERACare offered Medicare Supplement plans with Anthem from January 1, 2007, through December 31, 2018. Effective January 1, 2019, PERACare began offering Anthem Medicare Advantage PPO plans which are not part of the settlement class.